As the 2015 SVP network conference approaches, it is time to share a few more details about the exciting event in Seattle. The fun begins Thursday evening, October 22, and lasts through lunch on Saturday the 24th. Reasons you need to be there include:
- Hearing national speakers
- Nicholas Kristof and Sheryl WuDunn
- Gabriel Kasper
- Vu Le
- Our own Paul Shoemaker
- SVP’s founding president has recently published Cant Not Do: The Compelling Social Drive that Changes our World, and will be sharing his ideas at the conference.
- Attending informational breakout sessions:
- Impact investing
- Emerging practices in the social sector
- SVP as its own investee
- Building connections with SVP Partners from around the world
- Enjoying a knock-out city – Seattle!
- Seattle is beautiful in the fall – rainy season doesn’t start until November, so an October conference is the perfect time to enjoy this scenic city.
Closer to home, SVP Charlotte’s own Debbie Darden enthusiastically plans on attending, “I’m looking forward to returning to the conference this year. It is such an energizing, inspiring experience to meet like-minded folks from all over the world. We share best practices, and form bonds around improving our communities. It’s a lot of fun, and very, very worthwhile. Come join Susan and me!” Don’t miss your chance to enhance your knowledge on these topics AND simultaneously improve our SVP affiliate. See you there!