Happy New Year to you all! I am excited to enter 2016 with you as SVP turns to our second decade of serving Charlotte through venture philanthropy! In 2015, we celebrated our first 10 years by looking back and honoring our Partners (members) and our Investees (community nonprofit partners). We also:
– Invested in an innovative new nonprofit, Common Wealth Charlotte, an organization providing financial empowerment to Charlotte’s low-wage workers through financial education and access to financial services.
– Crossed the one-million-dollar giving mark in nonprofit grants!
– Added more SVP Partners in a single year than in any other year in the history of SVP Charlotte. This brings our total Partner numbers available to volunteer with our nonprofit Investees to 136.
– Welcomed a new SVP staff member, Associate Director Heather Karriker.
– Presented our annual SEED20 program at the Knight Theater, sharing the evening with twenty inspiring and innovative nonprofits and an audience of 750! (Our 2016 event promises to be equally exciting – buy your tickets today!)
Now we turn toward a new decade with momentum and resolve. Partners, thank you for your commitment to venture philanthropy and the many thousands of volunteer hours you have given to our nonprofit Investees. Investees, thank you for helping to make our community a better place for all to live.
We are honored to be in partnership with you,