Happy New Year and Welcome to the 10-year anniversary of our Charlotte SVP affiliate! We’ve come a long way in the last decade and have much to reflect upon and celebrate – which we plan to do throughout the year!
In the meantime, 2014 was productive and fruitful. Here are just a few of the highlights:
SVP welcomed three new Investees as we work with our highest number of concurrent Investees. These nonprofits/programs include:
- Circle de Luz
- HEART Math Tutoring
- Nurse Family Partnership through Care Ring
- Sheltering Families Intact through Salvation Army Center of Hope
- Sow Much Good
- Youth Development Initiatives (YDI)
Additionally, our impact with these organizations was deep and powerful. Here are just a few of the numbers:
- SVP committed $187,500 to (our Investees) the above nonprofits and works with all of them in multi-year partnerships.
- Our Partner (member) numbers grew to our highest level to date, with 110 individual Partners as of the first of the year!
- A record number of Partners attended the SVP conference in Austin. Let’s surpass that in Seattle in 2015!
- Hannah Levinson joined our staff in May as our talented Communications Director!
As a network, SVP is now in 39 cities in 8 countries and has over 3,000 partners. Over $53 million has been given in financial support, and SVP’s affiliates have worked with over 685 Investee organizations, logging hundreds of thousands of volunteer hours.
This year promises to be as exciting! Here are a highlights Charlotte is looking forward to:
- We’ll cross the one million dollar giving mark in nonprofit grants!
- We welcome Jennifer Davis-Martin and David Webb as new Board members and are grateful for the work of outgoing directors Blanton Hamilton and Bill Hyder.
- The SVP Board of Directors will assess and plan our strategic trajectory for the next 10 years (or at least five)!
- Our fourth SEED20 program is moving to the Knight Theater, doubling our capacity. Buy your tickets now!
- We continue to enlarge and support our SEED20 Alumni Network, offering new and exciting opportunities for their growth and collaboration.
- We will celebrate our 10th year with style!
We have much work and fun on the horizon and are excited to continue the momentum that has been generated with your support. To all of our Partners: please accept my sincere gratitude for contributing to the success of SVP and our Investees this past year. You are the heart and hands of this organization and I salute you!